[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-dev][Nova][Neutron][Cinder][Heat]Should we support tags for os resources?

Huangtianhua huangtianhua at huawei.com
Sun Apr 20 08:35:51 UTC 2014

Hi all:

Currently, the EC2 API of OpenStack only has tags support (metadata) for instances. And there has already a blueprint about to add support for volumes and volume snapshots using "metadata".

There are a lot of resources such as image/subnet/securityGroup/networkInterface(port) are supported add tags for AWS.

I think we should support tags for these resources. There may be no property "metadata" for these resources, so we should to add "metadata" to support the resource tags, the change related API.

I'd like to have your suggestions.

Thanks

Tianhua