[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Should we adopt a blueprint design process

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:08:57 UTC 2014

+1 for me as well, I'd like to have a better way to track incoming features.

Also, as part of the migration progress I think that we need a good
wiki page explaining the process of how propose a new feature, with a
template of what's mandatory to fill out and what is optional. I
wouldn't like to have something like nova currently have as its
template[1], I don't know what is mandatory there and what's is not,
many times you think that you know a way to do something but as you go
you then realize that doing it in another way is much better, so I
think that in order to propose a new feature we should not assume that
the author knows _everything_ at the start.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/nova-specs/blob/master/specs/template.rst

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

> Chris Behrens wrote:
> > +1
>
> FWIW we'll have a cross-project workshop at the design summit about
> tracking incoming features -- covering blueprint proposal, approval and
> prioritization. We'll discuss extending the "-specs" repositories
> experience and see how it fits the whole picture on the long run:
>
> http://summit.openstack.org/cfp/details/3

But before we do it I think it might worth waiting to see the output
of this session that
Thierry pointed out.