[openstack-dev] How to add a property to the API extension?

Jiang, Yunhong yunhong.jiang at intel.com
Wed Apr 16 21:25:51 UTC 2014

Hi, Christopher,
	I have some question to the API changes related to https://review.openstack.org/#/c/80707/4/nova/api/openstack/compute/plugins/v3/hypervisors.py , which adds a property to the hypervisor information.

a) I checked the https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/APIChangeGuidelines but not sure if it's ok to "Adding a property to a resource representation" as I did in the patch, or I need another extension to add this property? Does "OK when conditionally added as a new API extension" means I need another extension?

b) If we can simply add a property like the patch is doing, would it requires to bump the version number? If yes, how should the version number be? Would it be like 1/2/3 etc, or should it be something like 1.1/1.2/2.1 etc?

Thanks
--jyh