[openstack-dev] [heat] computed package names?

Qiming Teng tengqim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 16 13:40:41 UTC 2014

+1 on porting the templates.

What I would suggest also is to restructure the heat-templates directory
layout.  Most of the templates are not so different between OS distros.
Besides this, what the heat-templates project really helps is that the
templates are the best teaching materials for new users.  Having them
stored in sub-directories named by the OS distro is confusing.

Maybe we can consider organize them like what we did for the test cases:

  - most templates are no more than demonstrating only one or two
    features;
  - a template may have a variant only when the changes needed for
    running on another OS distro are significant;
  - in template comments, the author is expected to record on which
    distros it has been tested;
  - there could be template groups that can be placed into a dedicated
    subdirectory -- the templates/scripts are supposed to be used
    together

BTW, did I missed the conclusion from the 'heatr' discussion?

Regards,
  Qiming