[openstack-dev] [Nova] Thoughts from the PTL -- possible mid cycle meetup dates

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Apr 16 01:38:09 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 16 April 2014 11:28, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

>>> I am sure we have enough space, we would be very happy to host both at
>>> the same time.
>>
>> I envision "at the same time" being "back to back" to be honest, as I
>> think running two in parallel would be a bit bonkers.
>
> I can't travel for a single 2 week trip - my daughter doesn't cope
> super well with me being gone, and I don't want to subject her to a 2
> week trip. Doing a 2-or-3 day meetup for TripleO is pointless IMO -
> folk spend a day getting there in the first place.
>
> Last cycle TripleO and Ironic co-located and it was productive for all involved.

This may mean that co-locating is an idea which doesn't work out.

Based on the way the last nova meetup went, there will be little time
to dig into the deeper specifics of tripleo (ironic especially) if its
in time that's also allocated to other nova discussion -- I think the
absolute longest we spent on a single topic last time was in the order
of a couple of hours. The nova meetup also wasn't a hackfest -- it was
more about design review and progress tracking, and I think that was a
model that worked well for us.

I see a need for a lot of sync between ironic and nova for Juno,
mostly around the replacement of the baremetal driver. Perhaps instead
we should go back to trying to have these events separately, and try
and get a few key nova people to the the tripleo meetup.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia