[openstack-dev] [Nova] Thoughts from the PTL -- possible mid cycle meetup dates

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Apr 15 23:28:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Hugh O. Brock <hbrock at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 09:30:45AM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:

>> Redhat offered to host the next TripleO midcycle meetup in Raleigh, I
>> don't know if they have space for Nova & TripleO at once, but I'd love
>> to get more collaboration time betwixt Nova and TripleO. The TripleO
>> midcycle meetups are 'doing' meetings, not planning meetings - but
>> plenty of planning does still happen ;)
>>
>> Date wise, how about before OSCON ? PyConAU which often gets a heavy
>> openstack contingent is august 1-5.
>
> I am sure we have enough space, we would be very happy to host both at
> the same time.

I envision "at the same time" being "back to back" to be honest, as I
think running two in parallel would be a bit bonkers.

I'm now sitting on a list of about four or five offered venues, with
no plan for how to select which one to use. Perhaps what we should do
is pick the dates, then ask each venue if they're available in that
window, and then come up with some way to select from the remaining
venues.

I deeply appreciate all the offers of hosting -- its a great way for
companies to contribute to OpenStack, and makes a real difference to
our ability to deliver great software. Perhaps what we should do with
the venues that offer and don't get selected is keep them on a list of
venues to use for future meetups? That will make those meetups easier
to organise, and recognises the kind offers from the venues.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Rackspace Australia