[openstack-dev] [heat] computed package names?

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 22:45:22 UTC 2014

On 15/04/14 17:59, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
> Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote on 04/15/2014 05:17:21 PM:
>  > Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2014-04-15 13:32:30 -0700:
>  >
>  > > FWIW, in the short term I'm not aware of any issue with installing
>  > > mariadb in Fedora 17/18, provided that mysql is not installed
> first. And
>  > > in fact they're both EOL anyway, so we should probably migrate all the
>  > > templates to Fedora 20 and mariadb.
>  >
>  > +1 for that.
>
> I count 22 templates in heat-templates that are written to support
> Fedora, Ubuntu, and RHEL; is MariaDB available in those?  I do not see
> it in Ubuntu 12.10, for example.

I imagine it's a problem for RHEL (can RHEL 7 just get released
already?). Ubuntu is not an issue though, unless they have adopted yum
while I was not looking.

Checking a random sample, they only includes "yum" and "systemd"
sections (no "apt" or "sysvinit") in the metadata, so the purported
support for Ubuntu 10.04 is just due to copy-paste and isn't actually
implemented.

There is, I thought, one template that does actually support Ubuntu.
Stuff in the "F17" directory is there for a reason.

- ZB