[openstack-dev] [heat][nova]dynamic scheduling

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 15:06:39 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 06:03 AM, Jiangying (Jenny) wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not quite clear about it yet.
>
> I'm trying to find a way that heat controls the flow but not the nova
> scheduler.

Heat doesn't control flow.  Heat expects a scheduler is built into
whatever service it is consuming for resource management, if the
resource is constrained for some reason (such as limited memory, disk,
cpu resources available for consumption).  This is why something like a
storage system (cinder) has a scheduler, and Heat does not.

It makes zero sense to add scheduling to Heat - since the projects that
Heat consumes are in much better position to make decisions about which
resources get scheduled when and where.

Regards
-steve