[openstack-dev] TC Candidacy

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Apr 15 14:03:55 UTC 2014

Hi.

I would like to announce my TC candidacy.

I work full time as a Software Developer on OpenStack at Rackspace,
part of the team working on Rackspace Cloud Servers, Rackspace's
public cloud. I am a Nova core reviewer, a member of nova-drivers,
leader of the XenAPI Nova sub-team, and the Nova "blueprint czar".

I have had a wide variety of experience around OpenStack that will
help me to represent the views of the whole OpenStack community. I
first started working with OpenStack back in late 2010, building a
private cloud distribution at Citrix. Later I moved to working full
time on improving how XenServer integrates with OpenStack, and created
the XenAPI Nova sub-team. I am currently focusing on ensuring
OpenStack continues to perform well when running at the massive scale
needed for the Rackspace public cloud.

Throughout my career I have been a passionate advocate of getting
developers thinking about the people who use (and deploy) the software
they create. If elected to the TC, I would look at what can be done to
improve the relationship between OpenStack's users and developers.
Nova's reform of blueprint reviews is a great example of things we can
try to help users to influence the direction developers choose to
take.

Above all, as always, I will be working hard to ensure OpenStack
continues to be same awesome community that made me excited to start
work this morning, and welcomed me into the world of open source
development and cloud computing back in late 2010.

Thanks for reading!

John

IRC:johnthetubaguy