[openstack-dev] TC Candidacy

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:18:09 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers,

I've known OpenStack since it was a baby, and I've watched it grow to
the teenager it is today -- pimples and all. I hope to help guide it
along its way to adulthood by serving on the Technical Committee.

Besides developing on a number of core and ecosystem OpenStack projects,
I've also spent a couple years on the deployment and operator side of
the coin, which I think gives me a well-balanced perspective on some of
the hardships that go hand in hand with configuring, upgrading and
scaling a highly distributed piece of software.

I think it's pretty well-known that I live and breathe a utility cloud
world-view (all hail Cow29118281!). But hopefully it's also known that
I'm open to other viewpoints, welcome discussion on ideological
incongruence, and try to treat all folks with respect and dignity.

On the TC, I would be a strong voice for:

 * Newcomers to the developer and operator community -- I'd like to help
foster mentoring opportunities in the community and spread knowledge in
a viral way

 * Simplicity and consistency in our public REST APIs -- The APIs are
our public face, and when they are overly complex, inconsistent, or just
don't make sense, we turn possible newcomers away from OpenStack. We
should do everything we can to break down any barriers to entry to our
wonderful community and fantastic set of projects

Thanks for reading!

-jay