[openstack-dev] [Cinder] XXXFSDriver: Query on usage of load_shares_config in ensure_shares_mounted

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:44:20 UTC 2014

On 11 April 2014 16:24, Eric Harney <eharney at redhat.com> wrote:

> I suppose I should also note that if the plans in this blueprint are
> implemented the way I've had in mind, the main issue here about only
> consider these questions under that direction.

Currently, any config changes to a backend require a restart of the
volume service to be reliably applied, shares included. Some changes
work for shares, some don't, which is a dangerous place to be. If
we're going to look at restartless config changes, then I thing we
should look at how it could be generalised for every backend, not just
shared fs ones.