[openstack-dev] [tripleo] /bin/bash vs. /bin/sh

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Apr 15 09:05:56 UTC 2014

Hi

On 15 April 2014 09:14, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:

> I supose that rewriting the code to be in Python is out of the
> question ?  IMHO shell is just a terrible language for doing any
> program that is remotely complicated (ie longer than 10 lines of

I don't think it's out of the question - where something makes sense to
switch to Python, that would seem like a worthwhile thing to be doing. I do
think it's a different question though - we can quickly flip things from
/bin/sh to /bin/bash without affecting their suitability for replacement
with python.

--
Cheers,

Chris