[openstack-dev] [Nova] Thoughts from the PTL

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Apr 14 11:54:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Chris Behrens <cbehrens at codestud.com> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2014, at 9:58 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:
>
>> First off, thanks for electing me as the Nova PTL for Juno. I find the
>
> First off, congrats!

Thanks!

>> * a mid cycle meetup. I think the Icehouse meetup was a great success,
>> and I'd like to see us do this again in Juno. I'd also like to get the
>> location and venue nailed down as early as possible, so that people
>> who have complex travel approval processes have a chance to get travel
>> sorted out. I think its pretty much a foregone conclusion this meetup
>> will be somewhere in the continental US. If you're interested in
>> hosting a meetup in approximately August, please mail me privately so
>> we can chat.
>
> I think one of the outcomes from the first one was that we should try to do it earlier. Feature freeze would be somewhere around first week of September. I’d like to see us do it the last week of July at the latest, I think. That is still ‘approximately August’, I guess. :)

That's a fair point. I'd put it in the middle of the six month release
cycle, but you're right that we should not include FFE in that period.
I guess that means sometime in July would be the winner. However, we'd
need to work around OSCON and have to somehow find a balance between
it being well placed and it also not being absurdly close to the
summit in May.

Let me stare at a calendar tomorrow and come up with a more concrete proposal.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Rackspace Australia