[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][docker]

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 19:24:26 UTC 2014

Hi Eric,

> <snip>
>

> As for dockenstack, this might deserve a separate thread. What I've done
> here is build something that may be useful to openstack-infra and might
> necessitate further discussion. It's the fastest way to get the Docker
> driver up and running, but that's aside to its more generic usefulness as a
> potential tool for openstack-infra. Basically, I do not see dockenstack as
> being in conflict with devstack-gate. If anything, it overlaps more with
> 'install_jenkins_slave.sh'.

I was about testing the possibility to run devstack in a Docker container
until I found the dockenstack project. Sounds great, as i already provided
some way to test another Stackforge project within a container [1], but
IIRC Dockenstack is running Docker as Nova driver for Devstack.

As I really would like to keep a 1:1 matching with my current Devstack
installation, have you tried to trick Dockenstack by modifying the localrc
file to say Qemu as the driver ?
Of course, it will need to run the container in a privileged mode (and btw.
building a Dockerfile with privileged mode is not yet possible) but it
sounds possible.

If Dockenstack would run the same capabilities as for Jenkins slave, that
would be a good alternative for CI.

-Sylvain