[openstack-dev] Vagrant Devstack projects - time to consolidate?

Collins, Sean Sean_Collins2 at cable.comcast.com
Fri Apr 11 20:20:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 02:24:10PM EDT, Sean Dague wrote:
> Honestly, multi provisioner support is something I think shouldn't be
> done.

Agreed - in addition let's keep this in perspective - we're just adding
a little bit of glue to prep the VM for the running of DevStack, which
does the heavy lifting.

> Being opinionated is good when it comes to providing tools to make
> things easy to onboard people. The provisioner in infra is puppet.
> Learning puppet lets you contribute to the rest of the openstack infra,
> and I expect to consume some piece of that in this process.

+1000 on this - if there's already a provisioner that is used for infra,
let's re-use some of that knowledge and expertise.

--
Sean M. Collins