[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][docker]

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 11 18:27:59 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 11:50 AM, Derek Higgins wrote:
> On 11/04/14 16:28, Paul Czarkowski wrote:
>> I would rather see the devstack support be integrated in devstack's repo
>> itself.   There's a review
>> Outstanding for devstack[1] that adds this support in and also adds in
>> some pieces to make
>> it easier to utilize external nova drivers.
>
> Great, I hadn't spotted the review to put it back into devstack, I'll
> give it a go and review to help move it along. I see there is a -1
> suggesting it should be in nova-docker, the devstack approach certainly
> looks cleaner.
>
> regardless of which approach is taken I should be able to work the check
> job to use it for nova-docker CI.

Right, I remain -1 on adding this kind of function into devstack for
external repos. Devstack is an opinionated development setup tool for
OpenStack. If it's not in tree for an OpenStack project, then it's not
OpenStack (we already have way too much to support in tree).

So if and when docker comes back in the nova tree, we can integrate it
back to devstack. Until then, the extras.d approach is the right one.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America