[openstack-dev] Vagrant Devstack projects - time to consolidate?

Greg Lucas glucas at tesora.com
Fri Apr 11 15:38:09 UTC 2014

Sean Dague wrote:
> Maybe it would be good to get an ad-hoc IRC meeting together to figure
> out what the must have features are that inspired everyone to write
> these. If we can come up with a way to overlap those all sanely, moving
> to stackforge and doing this via gerrit would be something I'd be into.

This is a good idea, I've definitely stumbled across lots of GitHub
projects, blog posts, etc that overlap here.

Folks seem to have a strong preference for provisioner so it may makes
sense to support several. We can put together a Vagrantfile that allows
you to choose a provisioner while maintaining a common machine
configuration (using --provision-with or using env variables and loading
in additional rb files, etc).

~Greg