[openstack-dev] [infra][nova][docker]

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Fri Apr 11 14:53:08 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 10:11 AM, Derek Higgins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I've been taking a look at devstack support for nova-docker[1] which
> was recently taken out of nova. I stumbled across a similar effort
> currently underway[2], so have based my work off that.
>
> What I hope to do is setup a check doing CI on devstack-f20 nodes[3],
> this will setup a devstack based nova with the nova-docker driver and
> can then run what ever tests make sense (currently only a minimal test,
> Eric I believe you were looking at tempest support maybe it could be
> hooked in here?).
>
> I've taken this as far as I can locally to make sure it all works on a
> manually setup devstack-f20 node and it works, of course there may be
> slight differences in what nodepool sets up but we can't know that until
> we try :-)
>
> So I'd like to give this a go, I've left the various patches in WIP for
> the moment so people can take a look etc...
> https://review.openstack.org/86905
> https://review.openstack.org/86910
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> thanks,
> Derek.
>
> [1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/nova-docker

Hugely appreciated!

It'd be nice to have one other person ACK the devstack integration and
then I think we should merge it.

I know last cycle we were looking at 3rd party CI, but that was because
of timing and infra review availability.  I think a re-focus on doing it
in openstack's infra is the right approach.

--
Russell Bryant