[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Tuskar] [Horizon] Icehouse Release of TripleO UI + Demo

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Apr 11 11:03:23 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 06:05 PM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> On 2014/11/04 10:27, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> On 04/10/2014 04:32 PM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
>>> Dear Stackers,
>>>
>>> I am happy to announce that yesterday Tuskar UI (TripleO UI) has tagged
>>> branch 0.1.0 for Icehouse release [0].
>>>
>>> I put together a narrated demo of all included features [1].
>>>
>>> You can find one manual part in the whole workflow - cloud
>>> initialization. There is ongoing work on automatic os-cloud-config, but
>>> for the release we had to include manual way. Automation should be added
>>> soon though.
>>>
>>> I want to thank all contributors for hard work to make this happen. It
>>> has been pleasure to cooperate with all of you guys and I am looking
>>> forward to bringing new features [2] in.
>>>

>>> -- Jarda
>>
>> Are all needed components latest tags enough? In other words, if I
>> update all of TripleO in Debian, will I have a useable system?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I would say yes. The question is what you mean by usable system? You
> want to try the "Tuskar UI"? If yes, here is devtest which will help you
> to get the dev setup: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Tuskar/Devtest and
> here is the part for Tuskar UI:
> https://github.com/openstack/tuskar-ui/blob/master/docs/install.rst
>
> If you want more general info about Tuskar, here is wiki page:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Tuskar.
>
> We are also very happy to help on #tuskar or #tripleo freenode channels
> if you experience some troubles.
>
> -- Jarda

Hi Jarda,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Unfortunately, these instructions aren't very useful if you want to do
an installation based on packages. Something like:

git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/tripleo-incubator
$TRIPLEO_ROOT/tripleo-incubator/scripts/devtest.sh --trash-my-machine

is of course a no go. Stuff with "pip install" or "easy_install", or git
clone, aren't what Debian users should read.

So, I guess the documentation for when using packages have to be written
from scratch. I'm not sure where to start... :( Do you have time to help
with this?

Now, yes, I'd be very happy to chat about this on IRC. However, I have
to get my hands on a powerful enough server. I've read a post in this
list by Robert that I would need at least 16 GB of RAM. I hope to get a
spare hardware for such tests soon.

Thomas