[openstack-dev] [nova] Dynamic scheduling

zhangyu (AI) zhangyu11 at huawei.com
Thu Apr 10 09:35:53 UTC 2014

+1

A reference case is that, in an operating system like Linux, hardware drivers only abstract hardware devices into
manageable resources with standard interfaces. Then the kernel takes the job to allocate resources, map and
schedule workload onto them, and so on.

In OpenStack, projects for resource abstraction and virtualization, including Nova, Cinder, Neutron, should be considered
more like Linux device drivers, instead of the Linux kernel itself. Therefore, the scheduling functions and services could be
separated, which is helpful from the long-term evaluation point of view.

Best Regards,
Yu Zhang

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone: 86-10-82829573