[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev][Nova][VMWare] Enable live migration with one nova compute

Chen CH Ji jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Thu Apr 10 08:58:21 UTC 2014

It's z/VM which you might got more information here :)
http://www.vm.ibm.com/

Best Regards!

Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨

Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN   Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Phone: +86-10-82454158
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC

From:	Matthew Booth <mbooth at redhat.com>
            <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>,
Date:	04/09/2014 07:02 PM
Subject:	Re: [openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev][Nova][VMWare] Enable live

On 09/04/14 07:07, Chen CH Ji wrote:
> we used to have one compute service corresponding to multiple
> hypervisors (like host and nodes concept )
> our major issue on our platform is we can't run nova-compute service on
> the hypervisor and we need to find another place to run the nova-compute
> in order to talk to
> hypervisor management API through REST API

It may not be directly relevant to this discussion, but I'm interested
to know what constraint prevents you running nova-compute on the
hypervisor.

Matt

--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490