[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Merging the agent driver

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Tue Apr 8 23:58:45 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As Deva requested, our team put up a merge request for the IPA driver (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84795/) as soon as Juno opened. We’ve continued to update this patch and iterate on the agent model. We are doing our best not to get too far ahead of master, but we also want to get a working prototype done ASAP, specifically before Atlanta.

This merge request needs reviews, but also depends on two other reviews:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81391/https://review.openstack.org/#/c/81919/

The reason I would like to get these patches moving quickly is because we have some other patches depending on them:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/85228/https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86173/https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86141/

And we’re developing more as we speak.

So, that said - what can we do to help get these patches through faster? Whether that means our team reviewing Ironic things to help out Ironic cores, or answering questions about the patches that are up, we’re willing to do it to get these through faster.

// jim