[openstack-dev] [oslo] Split Oslo Incubator?

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue Apr 8 19:00:13 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Another interesting question, is do we have connections or good relations
> with the projects that we should work with for some of this code.
>
> The monotime one is a good example, its apache licensed, but the last
> release was on 2012 (so it might be dead?).
>
> http://code.google.com/p/py-monotime/source/browse/ (not any activity
> since 2012 either).
>
> Similarily I guess the question is also applicable to sqlalchemy, kombu,
> iso8601 and so on.
>
> I'd be really nice if we had great relations with those 'active' projects
> and helped improve the non-openstack contributions as well (since those
> contributions will be useful to openstack and others in the future).
>
> Is there any maintained list of any people that are good contact points
> for those non-openstack projects (but that openstack uses). Something like
> a person that can be involved with the interactions with the openstack
> team and say the sqlalchemy team (and so-on).

That's a good idea. I don't know if we've put a list like that
together, yet. We have had fairly good luck just contacting people
directly via their project mailing lists or bug trackers, but
sometimes a personal touch does help. We have quite a few other devs
who have been around the Python community for a while now, so it's
likely we can find an OpenStack contributor who knows the developers
on another project if we need to.

Doug