[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Neutron] Networking Discussions last week

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Apr 8 15:53:44 UTC 2014

Hi Mike,

For all neutron-related fuel developments please feel free to reach to to
the neutron team for any help you might need either by using the ML or
pinging people in #openstack-neutron.
Regarding the fuel blueprints you linked in your first post, I am looking
in particular at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/separate-public-floating

I am not entirely sure of what are the semantics of 'public' and 'floating'
here, but I was wondering if this would be achievable at all with the
current neutron API, since within a subnet CIDR there's no 'qualitative'
distinction of allocations pools; so it would not be possible to have a
'public' IP pool and a 'floating' IP pool in the same L3 segment.

Also, regarding nova gaps, it might be worth noting that Mark McClain
(markmcclain) and Brent Eagles (beagles) are keeping track of current
feature/testing/quality gaps and also covering progress for the relevant
work items.

Regards,
Salvatore