[openstack-dev] [Tripleo][Neutron] Tripleo & Neutron

marios@redhat.com mandreou at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 09:06:34 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 16:49, Roman Podoliaka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps, we should file a design session for Neutron-specific questions?

that's a good idea - unfortunately I won't be at summit... if there is
more interest and you do go ahead with this please let me know I will
try and join by hangout for example.

> As far as I understand, this must be pretty straightforward: just
> reuse the neutron elements we need when building an image for a
> neutron node.

Right - not all of these points I listed need blueprints (or perhaps
none ;) ) but for many it will be just verification that 'it works'... I
agree that we should just be able to build the image with whichever
neutron services we need there. I expect that getting the plumbing right
may be the issue here (heat template params, credentials, database etc)

> - HA for DHCP-agent is provided out-of-box - we can just use
> 'dhcp_agents_per_network' option
> (https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-image-elements/blob/master/elements/neutron/os-apply-config/etc/neutron/neutron.conf#L59)
>
> - for L3-agent there is a BP started, but the patches haven't been
> merged yet  - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/l3-high-availability

thanks! Seems I am the only one that didn't know of this blueprint :)

> - API must be no different from other API services we have

not sure what that means ^^^

> You must be talking about specifying PXE boot options by the means of
> neutron-dhcp-agent. Yes, this has been merged to Neutron for a while
> now (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/30441/).

thanks - not sure if that was it as the issues I heard about were more
recent than that (from colleagues working on that, I could chase up
specifics if necessary). In any case my point was rather more general...
Ironic is obviously still new and so are there any current known or
expected issues we need to deal with

thanks, marios