[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Problem with kombu version.

Dmitry Teselkin dteselkin at mirantis.com
Mon Apr 7 16:33:42 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm working on Murano integration into FUEL-5.0, and have faced the
following problem: our current implementation depends on 'kombu.five'
module, but this module (actually a single file) is available only starting
at kombu 3.0. So this means that murano-api component depends on kombu
>=3.0. This meets the OpenStack global requirements list, where kombu
>=2.4.8 is declared. Unfortunately, this also means that "system-wide"
version upgrade is required.

So the question is - what is the right way to solve the promblem? I see the
following options:
1. change kombu version requirement to >=3.0 for entire FUEL installation -
it doesn't break global requirements constraint but some other FUEL
components could be affected.
2. replace calls to functions from 'python.kombu' and use existing version
- I'm not sure if it's possible, I'm awaiting answer from our developers.

Which is the most suitable variant, or are there any other solutions for
the problem?

Dmitry Teselkin
Deployment Engineer
Mirantis