[openstack-dev] Doc for Trove ?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 21:39:24 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> My worry is that many deployers are waiting for programs to reach integrated
> before looking at them in detail. When something is announced as integrated,
> there is an expectation that the TC criteria are met.
>
> When there is no installation documentation or end user CLI or dashboard
> information, it can give a negative experience that delays deployment
> significantly.
>
> Can we find a way that the incubation documentation can be provided for those
> who are interested in testing both the code and the documentation in the
> different environments. Thus, like the code, this should naturally follow a
> release candidate cycle so we can all give input on documentation content as
> well as  functionality.
>
> Tim

In the ideal case it seems to me that the incubating project would be working on the documentation in a way that it can easily be dropped into openstack-manuals upon integration in the same way as support is dropped into Horizon. They would probably also need to be exposing builds of said documentation somewhere in the interim before moving into trunk as well. Currently though as far as I know the pre-incubation documentation is only worked up in the context of the developer site [1].

-Steve

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/trove/dev/install.html