[openstack-dev] Doc for Trove ?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 18:40:09 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

> Anne,
>
> From my understanding, Trove is due to graduate in the Juno release.
>
> Is documentation for developers, operators and users not one of the criteria
> (http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/incubation-integration-requirements)
> ?
>

> * Documentation / User support
> ** Project must have end-user docs such as API use, CLI use, Dashboard use
> ** Project should have installation docs providing install/deployment in an
>    integrated manner similar to other OpenStack projects, including
>    configuration reference information for all options
> ** Project should have a proven history of providing user support (on the
>    openstack@ mailing list and on Ask OpenStack)
>

> If this is not provided in time for the Juno release on
> docs.openstack.org<http://docs.openstack.org>, does that mean that the
> graduation status is delayed until K ?
>
> Tim

There seems to be a bit of a chicken and egg problem here, in that documentation isn't typically accepted into openstack-manuals until the relevant project is officially moved to integrated by the TC. As a result there's a limited amount of time to integrate any documentation the project is carrying separately into the formal guides.

Specifically speaking of Trove some of the low hanging fruit is done:

* Configuration Reference: http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/ch_configuring-trove.html
* Command Line Reference: http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/content/troveclient_commands.html

But by my reckoning that means we're still missing coverage of the following content in the official documentation project:

* trove coverage in the installation guide ("Add the X module" - similar to what we have for Orchestration and Telemetry)
* end user documentation
* API documentation

Thanks,

Steve