[openstack-dev] [Cinder]a question about os-volume_upload_image

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 06:26:13 UTC 2014

Mike

Glance metadata gets used for billing tags, among things, that we
would like to stay as attached to a volume as possible, as another
example. Windows images use this - which is why cinder copies all of
the glance metadata in the first place, rather than just a bootable
flag.

Apparently protected properties (glance metadata items that are
immutable once set) won't cause a problem here since we will be
setting them on upload, which is allowed.

On 3 April 2014 18:19, Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18:37 Thu 03 Apr     , Lingxian Kong wrote:
>> Thanks Duncan for your answer.
>>
>> I am very interested in making a contribution towards this effort, but
>> what to do next? Waiting for approving for this blueprint? Or see
>> others' opinions on this before we putting more efforts in achieving
>> this? I just want to make sure that we could handle other people's use
>> cases and not just our own.
>
> What use case is that exactly? I mentioned earlier the original purpose was for
> knowing if something was bootable. I'm curious on how else this is being used.
>
> --
> Mike Perez

Duncan Thomas