[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Agent] Ironic-python-agent

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Fri Apr 4 15:32:42 UTC 2014

+1

    The agent is a tool Ironic is using to take the place of a
    hypervisor to discover and prepare nodes to recieve workloads. For
    hardware, this includes more work -- such as firmware flashing, bios
    configuration, and disk imaging -- all of which must be done in an
    OOB manner. (This is also why deploy drivers that interact directly
    with the hardware when the supported - such as Seamicro or the
    proposed HP iLo driver - are good alternative approaches.)

-Jay Faulkner