[openstack-dev] [oslo] Some Thoughts on Log Message ID Generation Blueprint

Peng Wu peng.e.wu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 03:19:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

  Recently I read the "Separate translation domain for log messages"
blueprint[1], and I found that we can store both English Message Log and
Translated Message Log with some configurations.

  I am an i18n Software Engineer, and we are thinking about "Add message
IDs for log messages" blueprint[2]. My thought is that if we can store
both English Message Log and Translated Message Log, we can skip the
need of Log Message ID Generation.

  I also commented the "Add message IDs for log messages" blueprint[2].

  If the servers always store English Log Messages, maybe we don't need
the "Add message IDs for log messages" blueprint[2] any more.

  Feel free to comment this proposal.

Thanks,
  Peng Wu

Refer URL: