[openstack-dev] [Nova] Hosts within two Availability Zones : possible or not ?

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud Services) pmurray at hp.com
Thu Apr 3 15:34:16 UTC 2014

Hi Sylvain,

I would go with keeping AZs exclusive. It is a well-established concept even if it is up to providers to implement what it actually means in terms of isolation. Some good use cases have been presented on this topic recently, but for me they suggest we should develop a better concept rather than bend the meaning of the old one. We certainly don't have hosts in more than one AZ in HP Cloud and I think some of our users would be very surprised if we changed that.

Paul.