[openstack-dev] [Neutron] minimal scope covered by third-party testing

Simon Pasquier simon.pasquier at bull.net
Thu Apr 3 10:28:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking at [1] but I see no requirement of which Tempest tests
should be executed.

In particular, I'm a bit puzzled that it is not mandatory to boot an
instance and check that it gets connected to the network. To me, this is
the very minimum for asserting that your plugin or driver is working
with Neutron *and* Nova (I'm not even talking about security groups). I
had a quick look at the existing 3rd party CI systems and I found none
running this kind of check (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thoughts?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron_Plugins_and_Drivers
--
Simon Pasquier
Software Engineer (OpenStack Expertise Center)