[openstack-dev] [neutron]Success to create securitygroup with invalid tenant_id. Does it need to check the tenant_id?

Aaron Rosen aaronorosen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 02:18:19 UTC 2014

Hi Lee,

No, currently only an admin user can create something with a different
tenant_id by default. The issue with validating the tenant_id is we need to
involve keystone in order to check if the tenant_id is valid (which will
cause things to slow down). I believe this question has already come up on
the list before if you want to search the archive. This issue isn't
specific to just security_groups in neutron its allowed with all neutron
resources.

Aaron