[openstack-dev] [Tuskar][Horizon] Javascript linter

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Apr 2 17:20:25 UTC 2014

I agree - it's not a viral license, and we're not shipping it anyway.

I'm going to go back to the original thing:

"
Recently we have been discussing the topic of Javascript linters for
Horizon and Tuskar-UI with Radomir, and he told me that JSLint and
JSHint can not be integrated into the test environment due to some
license issues."

This is just not true. In fact, we have a full grunt-based jslint gate
on storyboard-webclient running in infra currently. It's integrated with
tox even.

I suggest:

a) use jslint
b) use it via grunt
c) use grunt via tox and nodeenv
d) use the job templates we have in infra to run this sort of thing

I'm happy to help point people to how this works.