[openstack-dev] Facing an issue in swift

Coles, Alistair alistair.coles at hp.com
Wed Apr 2 11:24:42 UTC 2014

In my experience 'Endpoint for object-store not found - have you specified a region?' can be returned by swift client if:

(a) You have specified a region that isn't found among the service endpoints e.g.

% swift --os-auth-url http://example:5000/v2.0 --os-password=testing stat --os-username=tester  --os-tenant-name=test --os-region-name=foo
Endpoint for object-store not found - have you specified a region?

Or (b) you did not specify a tenant-name or tenant-id e.g.