[openstack-dev] FreeBSD/bhyve support for nova with libvirt

Michał Dubiel md at semihalf.com
Tue Apr 1 18:22:37 UTC 2014

OK, thanks Russell and Daniel for your suggestions.

Stackforge sounds reasonable for the time being, though it's not perfect as
it doesn't prevent from occasional conflicts we may hit while pulling
changes from the original Nova repository to our clone.

An example is code that is not pure additions, but changes to the existing
Nova source code (for instance libvirt vif driver calls directly code from
linux_net module, which should be abstracted out, and proper for the given
platform implementation should be used automatically). This sort of
problems apply to the entire FreeBSD platform regardless which one: bhyve
or qemu is used.

Nevertheless, I'll create a repo there, which will act as a codebase for
development of the missing features till the all required for Nova merge
are in place.

Last question. May we expect review help while the code is in the
Stackforge, or we have to wait until all features are finished and it's
accepted to be reviewed in Nova repo?

Regards,
Michal