[openstack-dev] [marconi] [macaroni] Proposal: change name of Marconi to Macaroni

Alejandro Cabrera cpp.cabrera at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:42:21 UTC 2014

Solly,

As a core developer for the Marconi project, I favor this request and
bless it with a +2.

In addition to the listed benefits, I've discovered the following
additional benefits during my free time:

1. The naming of a clustered Marconi deployment would be called a
"Macaroni Salad". This will be easier to communicate to non-technical
users and provide much needed flavor to a buzzword-rich domain. Have
your cake and scale it, too!

2. Wholesome, well-tested deployments can be labeled as "whole-grain".
Fiber rich -> robust and reliable.

3. Plays nice with existing efforts. Celery [1] and Macaroni go
exceptionally well together.

The benefits to communication about Marconi are profound. I'm looking
forward to discussing this at the summit.

Cheers,
- Alej

[1] http://www.celeryproject.org/

P.S.:

> 4. Only robots dislike Macaroni and Cheese.  Therefore, by holding a vote, we can
>    identify who is, in fact, a robot, and summarily destroy them before they are
>    able to orchestrate a SkyNet-inspired uprising.

We suspect that robots may have infiltrated the Marconi core team. We've
formed an alliance of tolerance. I feel that not all the robots are out
to destroy. Most of them just don't sleep. ;)