[openstack-dev] [marconi] [macaroni] Proposal: change name of Marconi to Macaroni

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 17:19:12 UTC 2014

Hello All,

As OpenStack Marconi grows, I think it's time we addressed the question on everyone's mind:
why isn't the project called OpenStack Macaroni?

There are several compelling reasons to change Marconi's name to Macaroni:

1. Macaroni, being tube-shaped, exemplify the concept of connecting various services such
   that messages (cheese sauce) can flow between them.  Remember, the internet is in fact
   a series of tubes.

2. Everyone reads the name as Macaroni the first time they see it, anyway.

3. Everyone knows what Macaroni are, while many people do not know who Marconi is.
   People unable to access Wikipedia in a timely manner will greatly benefit from
   the name change, since they will be able to instantly recognize what Marconi/Macaroni
   provides to the OpenStack project (see #1).

4. Only robots dislike Macaroni and Cheese.  Therefore, by holding a vote, we can
   identify who is, in fact, a robot, and summarily destroy them before they are
   able to orchestrate a SkyNet-inspired uprising.

Therefore, in the name of clarity, hilarity, and the prevention of robot apocalypses,
I call for a vote to change the name of the OpenStack Marconi project
to OpenStack Macaroni.  The vote should probably be held after OpenStack Summit,
so that we can discuss the potential name change in a Summit session.

Best Regards,
Solly Ross

P.S. Happy April Fools Day!