[openstack-dev] FreeBSD/bhyve support for nova with libvirt

Michał Dubiel md at semihalf.com
Tue Apr 1 12:20:42 UTC 2014

Hi Roman,

I agree, I'm going to revive the old blueprint and maybe you're right to
have a separate one for the freebsd_net. I wanted to ask at the first place
the OpenStack community what do they think, are they going to accept our
work at all, etc.

Actually the code for the bhyve support is quite trivial, it's all about
choosing the correct uri for libvirt connection and similar things. It's
just the simplest approach possible, we want to extend it of course that
would allow for more features. Code for the freebsd_net is slightly bigger
but is also not a big one.

As for the qemu, unfortunately, it also needs a slightly modified version
of either libvirt or nova as some host related functions like getting list
of PCI passthrough devices doesn't work on FreeBSD hosts yet.

Regards,
Michal