[openstack-dev] [Openstack][TROVE] - MongoDB as a Service

Illia Khudoshyn ikhudoshyn at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 30 10:24:41 UTC 2013

Hi, Giuseppe,

Our team in Mirantis currently actively implement MongoDB support in the
Trove and it's great to see that there are others who are interested in it.

Development was started just recently so it is in its early stage now. I
have some code that runs single instance MongoDB (without any clustering
for now) but it is not merged yet. There are several refactorings that I
would like to be merged before I could show my actual MongoDB code. It may
take some time but I hope it will happen soon. You can track the progress
in the blueprint you mentioned, and
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/refactor-ga-for-other-engines-support
this
one.

What my code will not cover is the support for OSes other than Ubuntu in a
guest VM. This is the area where any help will be very appreciated. I
believe there will be more to discuss when you will see the code. So I hope
I answered your first question. As for the other one, unfortunately I'm not
aware of any other efforts in running MongoDB in OpenStack.

Best regards,

Illia Khudoshyn,
Software Engineer, Mirantis, Inc.

38, Lenina ave. Kharkov, Ukraine