[openstack-dev] [scheduler] [heat] Policy specifics

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 27 18:59:10 UTC 2013

Zane also raised an important point about value.  Any scheduler is serving
one master most directly, the cloud provider.  Any sane cloud provider has
some interest in serving the interests of the cloud users, as well as
having some concerns of its own.  The way my group has resolved this is in
the translation from the incoming requests to the underlying optimization
problem that is solved for placement; in that translation we fold in the
cloud provider's interests as well as the cloud user's.  We currently have
a fixed opinion of the cloud provider's interests; generalizing that is a
possible direction for future progress.

Regards,
Mike