[openstack-dev] gerrit URL queries I've been finding useful

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Sep 27 13:07:35 UTC 2013

On 09/26/2013 02:11 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> Just in case these help anyone, I've make a couple of bookmarks to a
> couple of queries that have really been helping me deal with both my
> patches, and things I need to review.
>
> First of all:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+owner:mordred%2540inaugust.com+label:CodeReview%253C%253D-1,n,z
>
> (replace mordred%2540inaugust.com with your own url-quoted email address)
>
> Give me the list of all patches I've uploaded that have a negative code
> review comment. That is - things where someone is expecting me to do
> something.
>
> Next - review queue always sucks:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/watchedby:mordred%2540inaugust.com+-label:CodeReview%253C%253D-1+-label:Verified%253C%253D-1+-label:Approved%253E%253D1++-status:workinprogress+-status:draft+-is:starred+-owner:mordred%2540inaugust.com,n,z
>
> So I use that one to show me a list of things that are passing tests,
> are not already starred, and do not have any negative code reviews yet.
> These are things I should probably go look at right now. On that page, I
> go through and star everything that I'd like to review. Then, I can make
> a pass through that list with this:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:starred+-label:CodeReview%253C%253D-1+-label:Verified%253C%253D-1,n,z
>
> Unstarring as I finish reviewing it. That way I've got a list I can work
> down to zero, then go back to the list of unstarred things to make
> myself a new list.
>
> It's not perfect, and there's still a ton of review work to do - but I
> do believe it's been helping me keep up with the review load better.
>
> Monty

I also wrote up some of the queries I've been using here -
http://dague.net/2013/09/27/gerrit-queries-to-avoid-openstack-review-overload/
(should hit the openstack planet shortly)

Thanks to Mark McClain for nagging me to do this last week, as well as
Monty's email thread to prompt me to actually getting around to it.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net