[openstack-dev] [barbican] re: Is barbican suitable/ready for production deployment?

Jarret Raim jarret.raim at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 26 13:13:15 UTC 2013

A little more detail. We cut our feature complete release along with everyone else for Havana M3. We are currently standing up the production environments for the code. So, we believe that the codebase is pretty stable, but it has not been run in production yet.

As John said, we're happy to help get things deployed and we'd love to have someone else beating on the code to find any bugs. I also end up in SF pretty frequently (assuming you are located there), so if you want to talk in person, just let me know.

Thanks,
Jarret

From: John Wood <john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM<mailto:john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM>>
Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:10 PM
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [barbican] re: Is barbican suitable/ready for production deployment?

Hello Pathik,

We are preparing the application for production usage, but it is not yet ready to go. We could speak further with you about your production needs if that would be of interest.

For evaluation purposes, we have stood up an integration environment<https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki/Integration-Environment>. You could also stand up a local instance of Barbican<https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki/Developer-Guide>. The PKCS based HSM plugin may be used with a SafeNet HSM as well.

Thanks,
John
-----
john.wood at rackspace.com<mailto:john.wood at rackspace.com>