[openstack-dev] [barbican] re: Is barbican suitable/ready for production deployment?

John Wood john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Sep 26 03:10:15 UTC 2013

Hello Pathik,

We are preparing the application for production usage, but it is not yet ready to go. We could speak further with you about your production needs if that would be of interest.

For evaluation purposes, we have stood up an integration environment<https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki/Integration-Environment>. You could also stand up a local instance of Barbican<https://github.com/cloudkeep/barbican/wiki/Developer-Guide>. The PKCS based HSM plugin may be used with a SafeNet HSM as well.

Thanks,
John
-----
john.wood at rackspace.com

________________________________
From: Pathik Solanki [psolanki at salesforce.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:03 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] [barbican] Is barbican suitable/ready for production deployment?

Hi Barbican Team,
My team here at salesforce.com<http://salesforce.com/> is evaluating Barbican for our use case of managing secrets. The git repository indicates that Barbican is still in development and not ready for production deployment. I vaguely remember from the presentation at OpenStack Summit that cloudkeep/barbican has production ready code too. Please correct me if I am wrong and if there is some production ready instance then please point me to it.

Thanks,
Pathik