[openstack-dev] [trove] Configuration API BP

Craig Vyvial cp16net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 02:16:49 UTC 2013

So we have a blueprint for this and there are a couple things to point out
that have changed since the inception of this BP.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/trove/+spec/configuration-management

This is an overview of the API calls for

POST /configurations - create config
GET  /configurations - list all configs
PUT  /configurations/{id} - update all the parameters
GET  /configurations/{id} - get details on a single config
GET  /configurations/{id}/{key} - get single parameter value that was
set for the configuration
PUT  /configurations/{id}/{key} - update/insert a single parameter
DELETE  /configurations/{id}/{key} - delete a single parameter
GET  /configurations/{id}/instances - list of instances the config is
assigned to
GET  /configurations/parameters - list of all configuration parameters
GET  /configurations/parameters/{key} - get details on a configuration parameter

There has been talk about using PATCH http action instead of PUT action for
thie update of individual parameter(s).

PUT /configurations/{id}/{key} - update/insert a single parameter
and/or
PATCH /configurations/{id} - update/insert parameter(s)

I am not sold on the idea of using PATCH unless its widely used in other
projects across Openstack. What does everyone think about this?

If there are any concerns around this please let me know.

Thanks,
Craig Vyvial