[openstack-dev] [horizon] ./run_tests.sh issues on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Neil Zhao neilchiao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 01:36:03 UTC 2013

Thank you, Noorul.   I didn't know about devstack.

And, I just re-read the Horizon Quick Start, and found there's actually
a NOTE on this, :)

Yet I think it's better to move the Note at the beginning of the "Quick
Start"......

////////////////////////////
Note

The DevStack project (http://devstack.org/) can be used to install an
OpenStack development environment from scratch.

////////////////////////////

On 09/26/2013 09:22 AM, Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2013 6:44 AM, "Neil Zhao" <neilchiao at gmail.com
> <mailto:neilchiao at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, All,
> >
> > I'm new to openstack, and I followed the Quick Start at :
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/quickstart.html
> >
> > I thought the Horizon ./run_tests.sh should run successfully since
> I'm using the popular Ubuntu.  And after the script finished, I'll
> have a out-of-box env to run Horizon, but I was wrong.
> >

> I think the document tells that you need other components. How did you
> bootstrap those? Did you use devstack?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Noorul
>
> > I found issues, and have to fix them manually with: sudo apt-get
> install xxx.
> >
> > I've noted some of them as following, I think somebody should test
> the script more, :)
> >

> > 1) I think the following dependencies should be added/checked in the
> script:
> > python2.7-dev
> > libxml2-dev
> > libxslt1-dev
> >
> > 2) And the script should be ran as root/sudoers?   As it'll do
> something in my /usr/lib/python2.7/ directory.
> >

> > BTW, should I file some bug for these?  And how?
> >

> > Thank you,
> > Neil Zhao

Best Regards,
Neil Zhao