[openstack-dev] [horizon] ./run_tests.sh issues on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Neil Zhao neilchiao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 01:13:52 UTC 2013

Hi, All,

I'm new to openstack, and I followed the Quick Start at :
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/quickstart.html

I thought the Horizon ./run_tests.sh should run successfully since I'm
using the popular Ubuntu.  And after the script finished, I'll have a
out-of-box env to run Horizon, but I was wrong.

I found issues, and have to fix them manually with: sudo apt-get install
xxx.

I've noted some of them as following, I think somebody should test the
script more, :)

1) I think the following dependencies should be added/checked in the script:
python2.7-dev
libxml2-dev
libxslt1-dev

2) And the script should be ran as root/sudoers?   As it'll do something
in my /usr/lib/python2.7/ directory.

BTW, should I file some bug for these?  And how?

Thank you,
Neil Zhao