[openstack-dev] Current list of confirmed PTL Candidates

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 18:54:11 UTC 2013

On 09/25/2013 02:15 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> I agree with all that u guys are saying and I think that the current PTL's
> have done a great job and I know that there is a lot to take under
> consideration when submitting a potential PTL candidacy and that its all
> about delegating, integrating, publicizing.
>
> I don't think any of that is in question.
>
> I am just more concerned about the 'diversity' issue, which looking at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_Fall_2013#Candidates is imho
> lacking (1 person elections aren't really elections). Now of course this
> may not be an immediate problem, but it does not seem to be the ideal
> situation a community would be in; I just imagine a community that has a
> multi-person elections (those multi-people don't need to be at each others
> throats, or even competitors, or any of that) and which thrives off the
> diversity of those different people.
These are all legitimate concerns, but I am more grateful that the
number of PTL volunteers in each project is non-zero than that it is
only one. IMO, the feel of the community is more like a volunteer civic
or religious organization where one candidate for leadership positions
that involve a lot of work is the norm, and some kind of rotation may
also occur.

  -David