[openstack-dev] [Nova] [Libvirt] Virtio-Serial support for Nova libvirt driver

Ravi Chunduru ravivsn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:09:43 UTC 2013

I am working on this generic virtio-serial interface for appliances. To
start with I experimented on existing Wangpan's added feature on
hw_qemu_guest agent. I am preparing to propose a blueprint to modify it for
generic use and open to collaborate.

I could bring up VM with generic source path(say /tmp/appliance_port) and
target name(appliance_port). But I see qemu listening on the unix socket in
host as soon as I start the VM. If we want to have our server program on
host listening, that should not happen. How do I overcome that?

Thanks,
-Ravi.

Ravi